We are looking for a Payroll Officer to join our HR department and administer our employee compensation.
HR & Payroll Officer responsibilities include calculating employees’ compensation, updating our internal payroll databases and ensuring timely payments. To be successful in this role, you should have a flair for numbers and be able to handle sensitive information. If you’re also familiar with Bahrain labour law, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help run a smooth and accurate payroll process.
- Collect daily, weekly, or monthly timesheets
- Calculate bonuses and allowances
- Prepare employees’ compensation by the end of each month using payroll software.
- Schedule bank payments or hand out paychecks directly to employees
- Distribute payment statements and gather signed receipts (digital or paper)
- Report on payroll expenses.
- Ensure wages withholdings comply with regulations
- Enter new employees’ data (e.g., bank accounts) into internal databases.
- Answer questions about compensation, benefits and other deductions
- Proven work experience as a Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk, or similar role in 5- 7 years.
- Hands-on experience with HRIS and accounting software
- Strong Math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Good knowledge of Bahrain Labour Law & Compensation.
- Time-management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- BSc in Accounting, Human Resources, or relevant field.